ecuEdit v2.5beta (pre-release)

Latest released versions of ecuEdit

ecuEdit v2.5beta (pre-release)

Postby epifan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:40 pm

ecuEdit 2.5beta release now available...

- custom dash screen in logger (load/save scheme support)
- custom dash screen in log viewer (load/save scheme, manual playback)

http://www.epifansoft.com/download/ecuedit_v2_5beta.exe

Waiting for your comments :wink:
epifan
Site Admin

Postby epifan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:37 pm

Updated
+ Auto playback
+ More gauge features
epifan
Site Admin

Postby wi77iam » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:43 pm

epifan,

The custom dash analog and bar gauges look very nice. Good work. Can you make the font size of the dial numbers bigger or variable?
And maybe allow choosing the background/font colors.
wi77iam

Postby epifan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:16 pm

wi77iam wrote:Can you make the font size of the dial numbers bigger or variable?

done

wi77iam wrote:And maybe allow choosing the background/font colors.

Color schemes are in "to-do list" :wink:
epifan
Site Admin

Postby Freon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:30 am

This release seemed to corrupt my install of Ecuedit. I installed it, got this error opening ANY rom. I have not touched the XMLDefs folder. It no longer recognizes ANY rom file.

I reinstalled 2.4 release letting it overwrite everything when prompted. Error persists

ecuedit.ini contents (default, I let it overwrite on every install because I never customize it):

[Main]
XMLDir=XMLDefs\
XMLWriteParam=1
LogSchemeDir=Scheme\
WarningSound=warning.wav

You can see in the picture my directory structure is default.

c:/program files/ecuedit
c:/program files/ecuedit/XMLDefs

I couldn't find anything in the registry. I can't use Ecuedit at all now. Any ideas? It was working fine right up to installing 2.5, now even rolling back to 2.4.4.104 does not work. I can't find anything wrong with the INI or the definitions. 100% of my XML files could not have suddenly gone corrupt. I checked about a dozen. I can't open any ROM at all. All give the error.
Freon

Postby epifan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:17 am

Try to move ecuEdit folder to c:\ecuEdit\
I think the reason is not a new version of ecuEdit (may be you change folder name). I don't change anything in XML-read process.
P.S. in registry ecuEdit store only at \Current_user\Software\epifanSoft\ecuEdit path.
epifan
Site Admin

Postby Freon » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:15 am

I moved the directory to c:\ecuedit, no change. I have not renamed the directory. I have always installed everything as default and you can see in the picture that it is the default install. I also tried wiping out the registry entry. Still borked.

Also tried copying an XML to the /ecuedit directory and opening the associated ROM file, still no go.

I'm pretty lost here. :?:
Freon

Postby epifan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:57 am

Freon wrote:I moved the directory to c:\ecuedit, no change. I have not renamed the directory. I have always installed everything as default and you can see in the picture that it is the default install. I also tried wiping out the registry entry. Still borked.

Also tried copying an XML to the /ecuedit directory and opening the associated ROM file, still no go.

I'm pretty lost here. :?:

Very strange. I think this is not ecuEdit bug... Run program and check out Complete Readed XML by execute XML Viewer (all readed XMLs stored there). Try to find your description (Ctr+F to find)
epifan
Site Admin

Postby Freon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:44 am

I reset the file security (NTFS) on the entire /XMLDefs folder and that fixed it. I don't know how it got screwed up to begin with, but that was the fix.
Freon

Return to Latest Releases