Dyno

Dyno

Postby medamullet » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:50 pm

2 things....

First is is possible to change the x and y axis on the graph? 8k is a bit high for my car.

How many data points are needed for a clean accurate line? I have noticed if I cange the start and stop pionts of my graph, and the smoothing factor I can chage the HP and TQ about 40 up and down.
medamullet

Re: Dyno

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm

medamullet wrote:First is is possible to change the x and y axis on the graph? 8k is a bit high for my car.

This is constant in current version. May be include this as option.

medamullet wrote:How many data points are needed for a clean accurate line? I have noticed if I cange the start and stop pionts of my graph, and the smoothing factor I can chage the HP and TQ about 40 up and down.

Log WOT on 3rd ot 4th gear from 2000 to red line with minmum log parameters selected. Engine RPM is enough. This is will be most accurate dyno.
epifan
Site Admin

Postby medamullet » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks for the input. How about the smoothing factor? I get such a huge change from 7 to 14. I log usually from 2000rpm to 7000rpm with a smoothing factor of 14 my hp and tq is HUGE. It's hard for me to believe that I am making that much power at 4400 feet.
medamullet

Postby medamullet » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Next question.

When I try to export teh graph I get al sorts of error messages. How do I export and/or save teh graphs?
medamullet

Postby Freon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 am

A smooth, flat road is important. Bumpy roads or ones with even some small grade will affect output. Going uphill even slightly will give you low numbers, downhill higher numbers. Bumpy makes your dyno look bumpy. Pushing the clutch near the end without letting off the gas will put a spike at the end of your graph that will be hard to remove, and with higher smoothing numbers will just make the top of your graph inflate. It takes some effort to do it right.

With lots of data points on a smooth road it should be ok. I would suggest a run in both directions as well.

Epifan, what sort of window function are you using for your smoothing algorithm?
Freon

Postby medamullet » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks for the help freon,

I did about 10 pulls today with 2 different cars to figure out some consistance. I think I have worked out some of the bugs in my ways. Now if only I can figure out how to save these graphs. I an currently pasting screen shots and cleaning them up to show the graph only. I figured if I can export them into excel I can move the x and y axis so that the curve flattens out and doesn't look such like a reverse bathtub curve.

Thanks again
medamullet

Postby XNWRX » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 pm

for consistent and repeatable results :
- use 14 as smoothing factor
- switch to 2D graph
- select "engine load" for display
- move end point to the end of your max RPM or close to
- select "dynoresult" at the bottom of parameter list
- move the end point (sometime start point as well) so that your torque curve closely match the shape of the "engine load" curve. This is the most important, you shall get the same shape for both (engine load and torque are closely equivalent). You must avoid unexpected waving high rev power curve .
- switch to dyno, here it is.
for subaru, select 2.2 as frontal area and 0.35 as drag coef
:wink:
XNWRX

Postby medamullet » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 am

How do I export the graphs to a .jpg or an excel spread sheet? it errors out....
medamullet

Postby epifan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 am

medamullet wrote:How do I export the graphs to a .jpg or an excel spread sheet? it errors out....

Download and install latest version. Errors are fixed.
epifan
Site Admin

Postby hammerhead » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Just curious how accurate the output from the road dyno function is? Anyone compared the figures to delta dash for example?
hammerhead

Return to Logging and Analisis