some issues

Report bugs/problems with ecuEdit

some issues

Postby kakarot09 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 am

I have the ecu edit logger version 3.8.7.530 and I've noticed a few problems I have when I'm using the subaru select monitor II.
1. I can log the things I'm supposed to but if I click on the fine learning tab I only get 0's in the fine learned knock table, however when I log the fine learning knock correction I have some timing being pulled. Why doesn't the table show me that there is some knock learning?
2. When I first open the subaru select monitor II it asks me which logging definitions I want to use. I have the option of logdefs.xml or logger.xml. logger.xml doesn't work and doesn't show up in the XMLDefs folder either so why does it continue to give me this option?
3. There uesd to be an option for fast query on the subaru CAN vehicles with the patch enabled for fast logging. I can't find that option now where is it at?
4. The logging program freezes the computer when I'm logging quite often and then I have to shut down the program using the task manager. After shutting down the program this way it won't reconnect to the ecu and tells me it can't open the j2534 port. If I unplug and replug the tactrix cable and try again it works again.

I'm using windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system and I've tried uninstalling the logger program and the drivers for the tactrix cable and reinstalling everthing all over again. This didn't solve any of the issues. Does anyone know how to solve any of these problems?
I dont remember seeing these issues except for #2 with the last version but I hadnt used the program for a while.
kakarot09

Re: some issues

Postby epifan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 pm

kakarot09 wrote:I have the ecu edit logger version 3.8.7.530 and I've noticed a few problems I have when I'm using the subaru select monitor II.
1. I can log the things I'm supposed to but if I click on the fine learning tab I only get 0's in the fine learned knock table, however when I log the fine learning knock correction I have some timing being pulled. Why doesn't the table show me that there is some knock learning?

Learning table is a stored learning knock korrections. You can see some temporary on-line korrections at log, but ECU may not store them at learning table.

kakarot09 wrote:2. When I first open the subaru select monitor II it asks me which logging definitions I want to use. I have the option of logdefs.xml or logger.xml. logger.xml doesn't work and doesn't show up in the XMLDefs folder either so why does it continue to give me this option?

just find logger.xml at you XMLDefs folder (may be in inherited folders) and remove it if you didn't use it.

kakarot09 wrote:3. There uesd to be an option for fast query on the subaru CAN vehicles with the patch enabled for fast logging. I can't find that option now where is it at?

Logger main menu - Connect\Protocol Options\Fast query mode

kakarot09 wrote:4. The logging program freezes the computer when I'm logging quite often and then I have to shut down the program using the task manager. After shutting down the program this way it won't reconnect to the ecu and tells me it can't open the j2534 port. If I unplug and replug the tactrix cable and try again it works again.

When it freezes? While logging?
BTW, ecuEdit uses OpenPort 2.0 drivers for working, and if only replug OP2.0 helps, may be problems with OP2.0 on your 64-bit system? Also, what drivers do you use (EcuFlash version?)
epifan
Site Admin

Postby kakarot09 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 pm

epifan wrote:Learning table is a stored learning knock korrections. You can see some temporary on-line korrections at log, but ECU may not store them at learning table.

I understand. However you can log both feedback correction and learned(stored) correction. I see that there is learned correction while logging. If I use another program (learning view) to see the stored corrections then it shows up in that table. It just doesn't show up in the table when I click the tab in ecu edit. So basically there are stored values that are not showing up in the table when I click the tab and look at it in ecu edit. I tried refreshing it also and it did not change.

epifan wrote:just find logger.xml at you XMLDefs folder (may be in inherited folders) and remove it if you didn't use it.

It doesn't show up in the XMLDefs folder. What/Where is/are the inherited folders? I'm not sure what that means. If I look in the program files and open ecu edit then my folder options are Dash, Kernels, Scheme, Sounds, XMLDefs, and then there are some individual files also but I don't see the inherited folder.

epifan wrote:Logger main menu - Connect\Protocol Options\Fast query mode

Ah Perfect thank you. I just didn't see it.

epifan wrote:When it freezes? While logging?
BTW, ecuEdit uses OpenPort 2.0 drivers for working, and if only replug OP2.0 helps, may be problems with OP2.0 on your 64-bit system? Also, what drivers do you use (EcuFlash version?)

Yes it freezes while logging. I can then open the task manager and force the program to close, unplug the tactrix cable and replug, then restart program and it works again but it also freezes again after a short time. This process keeps repeating while I try to log. It didn't used to happen at all on the last version of the program that I had. When I go to device manager and look at the driver properties for the tactrix the driver, the version is 1.0.0.0 and if I view the file details then the file version is 6.1.7601.17514. I'm not sure which of those you needed. Also if I try to update the driver it says that it is up to date.

Thanks for the help so far
Jeff
kakarot09

Postby epifan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 am

kakarot09 wrote:
epifan wrote:Learning table is a stored learning knock korrections. You can see some temporary on-line korrections at log, but ECU may not store them at learning table.

I understand. However you can log both feedback correction and learned(stored) correction. I see that there is learned correction while logging. If I use another program (learning view) to see the stored corrections then it shows up in that table. It just doesn't show up in the table when I click the tab in ecu edit. So basically there are stored values that are not showing up in the table when I click the tab and look at it in ecu edit. I tried refreshing it also and it did not change.

Learning view program showing same table as Fine corrections tab at ecuEdit. This table is filled by ECU logic.

kakarot09 wrote:
epifan wrote:just find logger.xml at you XMLDefs folder (may be in inherited folders) and remove it if you didn't use it.

It doesn't show up in the XMLDefs folder. What/Where is/are the inherited folders? I'm not sure what that means. If I look in the program files and open ecu edit then my folder options are Dash, Kernels, Scheme, Sounds, XMLDefs, and then there are some individual files also but I don't see the inherited folder.

May be XMLDefs contains any other folders? Did you search this file at this folders? BTW, this file is 100% exist in XMLDefs or any other subfolder.

kakarot09 wrote:
epifan wrote:When it freezes? While logging?

Yes it freezes while logging. I can then open the task manager and force the program to close, unplug the tactrix cable and replug, then restart program and it works again but it also freezes again after a short time. This process keeps repeating while I try to log. It didn't used to happen at all on the last version of the program that I had. When I go to device manager and look at the driver properties for the tactrix the driver, the version is 1.0.0.0 and if I view the file details then the file version is 6.1.7601.17514. I'm not sure which of those you needed. Also if I try to update the driver it says that it is up to date.

Can you test logging with other cable, for example OpenPort 1.x or any USB K-line? Or can you test it on another system (non 64-bit)?
epifan
Site Admin

Postby kakarot09 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 am

epifan wrote:Learning view program showing same table as Fine corrections tab at ecuEdit. This table is filled by ECU logic.

That is what is supposed to happen but it isn't working. ecu edit shows all zeroes while learning view shows learned knock correction. I was on a stock tune and I've since changed it and it no longer has the learned knock. But the point is that it wasn't working.

epifan wrote:Can you test logging with other cable, for example OpenPort 1.x or any USB K-line? Or can you test it on another system (non 64-bit)?

I have used my cable on a friends computer that is running vista after I noticed problems and the cable works. I also did not have this problem just a couple months ago when I was using an older ecu edit version so I don't think it is a problem with the 64 bit operating system. I did log a different car last night and the program did not crash. I was logging fewer parameters though. Is there a limit to how many parameters can be logged at one time?
kakarot09

Return to Troubleshooting